Keyford Street, East side: Keyford Place - No.12

                         

Adjoining section; Woodland Road to Crown Yard. Facing section:  Keyford Terrace to Butts Hill.

 

Click here for maps of this area, 1744-1966

 

 

 

Keyford Place

No.1 Keyford Street

Pine furniture shop

 

No.2

Domino's Pizza

 

No.3

 

No.4

No.5

Happy Garden Restaurant

 

 

No.6

No.7

Londis

              

 

No.8

No.9

Disused shopwindow

No.10

No.11

No.12

1744

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1785

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1813

923: House & Garden; owner Charles BISHOP, occupier William COOK

 

924: House & Garden; owner Robert BLUNT, Clothier, occupier John WILTON

925: ?Owned and occupied by Joseph NUTH

926: House & Garden, owned and occupied by Charles BISHOP

927: owner, Robert BLUNT, occupier, Miss HODDINOTT

 

1827

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

?House owned & occupied by  Joseph NUTH, 9d

 

 

1840

295: House & Premises

296: House & Premises

297: Garden

All owned and occupied by Richard NUTH

 

 

298: Garden; owner Francis BUSH, occupier, Jeffry MOODY

299: House & Garden, owned and occupied by Elizabeth NUTH

300: House & Garden, owner Wm P. PENNY, occupier John DOMMETT

301: House & Premises, owned & occupied by Richard NUTH

 

1841

f.20L: Keyford Place, Richard NUTH 42 Maltster Y

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

f.21L: Keyford St, Betsy NUTH 40 Ind Y

 

1851

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1871

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pleasant Place

1881

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

c.1900  advert on map: James YERBURY, Frome Selwood Carriage Works

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1901

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS

 

 

Double ridge roof, front on an angle to rear. Probably front building is later addition to original one at rear. This building is probably an infill of an empty plot between 1813 and 1840. Shares some architectural features, notably eaves course and doorway, with Nos.3 & 4, so perhaps the frontages were all built at the same time. The bay window is a later insertion, c.1870.

Nos.3 & 4 were formerly a single building: No.4 is now a separate house. No.2 is also probably part of a single development phase when the buildings were refronted. Front door of No.4 was possible passage entrance for house with main door in current No.3. Double ridged roof. Some wooden lintels over rear windows.

 

Interesting outhouse with blocked doorway into garden of No.4. Formerly a pair with No.6, having a pediment extending over both front doors (now lost). Possibly Nos.5 & 6 formed a single house at one time?

 

Very interesting outbuilding with twisted or curved roof, now occupied as annex.

 

 

Double fronted Victorian frontage, with matching single fronted house adjoining. Is this a rebuild or a refronting of an earlier house?

Curious front elevation, odd proportions. Later front on older building. Range of outbuildings to rear. Former workshops? One of the present buildings is depicted on the Tithe Map.